Clayton Community School
School Age Childcare & Preschool
Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday Classes (3 & 4+ years) 9 am - 12 pm
Preschool services offered September to May
Age; 2.9 Years to School Entry
Based on the successful Starfall Common Core Program, the Busy Bees Preschool curriculum integrates math, science, health, creative arts, social studies, physical movement, early literacy, and social-emotional development, all under a framework of guided instruction and imaginative play.
Key curriculum highlights include:
• Motivation — Build a cooperative classroom environment to fuel motivation, with child-directed instruction, hands-on experiences, ownership of materials, and interactive online activities, and by supporting and exploring imagination.
• Phonological Awareness — Ensure readiness for phonics instruction with short, daily exercises.
• Phonics — Introduce letter-sound relationships systematically, sequentially, and explicitly.
• Vocabulary — Explore vocabulary in quality literature, during instruction, and in everyday communication.
• Social & Emotional Development — Prepare children for new social environments presented at school by example, through direct communication, and with cooperative learning activities.
• Science — Explore the magic of the natural world with simple scientific experiments involving plants, temperatures, textures, and more!
• Math — Build a foundation for mathematical thinking through center exploration, activities, and games, using math children encounter every day.
Our goal is to build a foundation to help prepare your child for a successful transition into Kindergarten.
Our licensed facility has fully qualified and experienced staff that will support and encourage your child to reach their potential in a curious and creative way.